I can actually say this has happened to me more than 10 times now. My hearing aids are small, but when people do notice them, I get questions. I never hesitate, I mean, if you really think about it, my hearing aids are the “hearable” equivalent of a Fitbit.
The gym may be the last place you’d think about wearing your hearing aids, but in the last year, I’ve found out this isn’t so. With the Halo hearing aids, I can refute the major reasons not to wear my hearing aids at the gym.
- But I will get sweaty? So? My hearing aids are equipped with Nanoshield technology that repels water, wax, sweat and oils.
- But I want to listen to music? Great, I can do that without the pesky wires most headphones have and listen to music, take phone calls, and even catch up on my favorite TV shows while I bust out 20 minutes on the Stairmaster — all without disturbing anyone near me because only I can hear it.
- But they could get in the way? I can’t count the number of times I’ve dropped a weight the wrong way and had my headphones painfully ripped from my ears. My hearing aids are so small, their slender casing nestles just behind my ears. Unless I dropped a weight on the side of my head, those hearing aids aren’t going to budge or get in the way.
- But people will stare at me? Hah! Have you seen Beats? I laugh every time I see them because it’s like watching someone workout in flight gear. I’m going to take my tiny, inconspicuous hearing aids every time, thank you very much.
- But the gym is too loud! Yes, the gym can be loud, especially when there are a lot of people or you have powerlifters slamming 300 lbs. worth of weights all over the place. But then again, I can mute my hearing aids, lower the volume, or adjust the microphone focus so it’s only hearing sound in front of me instead of all around me. If I want to be really precise, I can open up my SoundSpace feature and change the sound to what I want.
The only reason I would ever not wear my hearing aids at the gym is if I’m going swimming, because well, I’m not keen to test the depths to which my Halo hearing aids can survive.
Hearing aids have incredible benefits, and if people ask about them at the gym, don’t be afraid to pause your workout and tell them all about what you hearing aids can do. I can tell you right now that not only will you feel more confident, but you will earn a lot of respect as well.
If you have any questions about what hearing aids can do for you please contact either our Burr Ridge or Homer Glen locations! We can get you all set up with your very own Halo hearing aids!